Prior to coming to Kingston, I worked as a French and German teacher at Sunrise Waldorf School in Duncan, B.C. In the seventies my husband and I emigrated from the Netherlands to Canada, first to Winnipeg, then Victoria, and now Kingston. In all these places I have learned to appreciate the stunning beauty of Canada’s landscapes.
My main hobbies in the summer are kayaking, canoeing and swimming. Winters are becoming more attractive since I embraced cross-country skiing and snowshoeing. Toss in the tulips and daffodils in the spring, and I am content!
- Healing Education and Remedial Training (HEART) Program, Toronto, 2010
- Remedial Training, Groningen, Netherlands, 2002
- Early Childhood Training, West Coast Institute for Studies in Anthroposophy, 1996
- Member of Ontario College of Teachers and B.C. College of Teachers, ongoing
- Bachelor of Education, University of Victoria, 1992
- Bachelor of Arts, University of Manitoba, 1978